My approach to coaching comes from a natural and sometimes tenacious curiosity and optimism about everyone's ability to succeed. You, the client, hold the answers, not me. My job is to ask the right questions, then listen, guide and support you through the discovery process. We all have a story and are driven in different ways by different things.
I began my career as a classical pianist and teacher. I studied piano from an early age and began teaching in high school. While I do not perform any more, the disciplines of both practice and teaching set the stage for where I am today. After finishing a few rounds of music school, I found myself neither wanting, nor being cut out for, a career as a performer. I fortuitously stumbled into an administrative position with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. I thought this job would be a short transition while I figured out next steps. Instead, it led to twenty-five years in human resources. After leading the development of a formal HR function for the Chicago Symphony, I was recruited to do the same for University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business. My next HR post was as the Chief HR Officer for the MacArthur Foundation. In these roles, I learned many lessons about leadership, cultures and how organizations work from the inside.
I have spent several years in executive search and continue to conduct a limited number of searches. Helping organizations plan and select new team members requires many of the same skills as coaching: asking the right questions, listening, and being persistent.
I've chosen coaching and recruiting combo as my next career chapter. I love helping others figure out and achieve their goals. I am extremely motivated and honored to play a part in your success, whether it is leading others for the first time, learning new and better ways to effectively interact with others at work, figuring out your next career move, or something else. As a recruiter, meeting so many incredible people in the social sector brings me joy and hope. Whether it's through coaching or executive search, we'll figure it out together and have fun along the way.
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching for Leadership and Organizational Change, Northwestern University
- Master of Science in Human Resources, Loyola University Chicago
- Master of Music in Piano Performance, DePaul University, Chicago
- Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance, American Conservatory of Music, Chicago
- Licensed Consultant, Foundations and Advanced Applications in PACT™, Polarity Partnerships
- Hogan™ Assessments
- Perceptive Communications™
- Change Management Certification, ProSci™
- Benchmarks® and 360 by Design, Center for Creative Leadership
- SPHR / HCI and S-CP/SHRM
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Facilitation Certification
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. —Margaret Mead